I have practiced as a psychologist for over 30 years
In the past 12 years I have been in private practice. I see clients as individuals and as couples. Sometimes other family members have also been involved in the counselling process. Problems have been as varied as the people who have them.
I have brought to my practice the wide experience I have gained in my first 20 years being employed in various organisational settings.
- I was employed as a school psychologist working with children, parents and teachers within both the Tasmanian and Victorian Education Systems.
- I was as a Family Court Counsellor in the Family Court of Australia in both the Melbourne and Hobart Registries.
- I have trained people in the drug and alcohol and disability fields.
- I have lectured in psychology, counselling and management related subjects at Monash University and at various TAFE Colleges.
- I have been employed in management training and Employee Assistance Programmes by industry.
My own life experience, which has had its share of problems, drama and emotion, and the lives of people I have known, also allow me deeper levels of understanding and compassion. Life is a great teacher.
My Qualifications are:
- BA (psychology and philosophy majors) (Tas Uni)
- Grad Dip Ed (Tas Uni)
- Grad Dip Psych (Deakin University)
- Masters of Counselling (Monash University)
I have always continued my professional development by completing many shorter courses and attending lectures.
I am a full member of the Australian Psychology Society and a registered psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency.